Sunday, February 28, 2010

C-R-O-C-H-E-T!

Well, I've decided to put off the pretty pretty lace scarf for a while. I attempted it first with this beautiful yarn
KnitPicks Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor
and a size 3 MeiMei Pro Bamboo 24" Circular needle. And it didn't work because the cable on that needle was too thick. Attempt #0 (not quite 1, lol): Fail.
Attempt #1- After I received my pretty size 3 KnitPicks fixed 40" Harmony Circular, I re-cast on with the pretty yarn. I had two repeats done, and was working on the third when a stitch disappeared, and after tinking and counting and trying to figure out what stitch disappeared, I finally just decided to frog, and re-wind the yarn. Then, as I blogged about here, I decided to knit up a quick dishcloth as an instant gratification to make myself feel better about lace attempt fail #1. :)
So, I cast on again, for lace attempt fail #2...and I didn't even make it through the first repeat before I realized that I was again missing a stitch. Sigh....so, I frogged again.
This time, I decided I was going to forget the Shimmer yarn and try a different lace yarn (because as one knows, I've got too much yarn that I don't need as it is). I decided on the KnitPicks Gossamer (ravelry link as this yarn is now discontinued).
KnitPicks Gossamer in Sweet Pea
The only thing that I accomplished with this yarn was proof that my long tail cast on sucks hardcore and cannot be used. Boooooooo.
I decided to take a break from the lace knitting with lace yarn to mull over what my next project should be.
I decided that one again, an instant gratification project was necessary. :) So I pulled out some Peaches & Creme worsted weight in Shaded Pastels (because I don't even really LIKE that color scheme, but I've got 12 skeins of it...so I'm always looking for excuses to use it up. Only 10 skeins left.....).
Shaded Pastels Feather & Fan
While I was knitting up my Feather & Fan, I decided that my next step was going to include CROCHETING! (gasp!)
So tonight, I chained up what I needed to, and crocheted up the first 3 rows.
And that's all the info I'm going to volunteer since the crochet project may or may not be a gift in the near or possibly not near future!
Oh, except I will let you know that the crochet project involves the following:
Susan Bates S Hook
Caron One Pound Kelly Green
Caron One Pound Sunflower
Caron One Pound New White
So far, so good. Though crocheting with a hook this big is kind of a pain in the rear. But I think the finished project will be a happy success. :)

No comments: