Sunday, July 20, 2008

My latest WIP is a Market Bag. I'm trying to be more "green"....and plastic bags are just awful for the environment.
I'm using the Market and Bottle Bag pattern/kit from Peaches & Creme. I'm using the Gumdrops color scheme. It is not my favorite, but it was my favorite of the colors offered. Just because I knew that I would probably want to make more (and I really do!), I got some more colors of the double worsted: Mocha Swirls, Seabreeze, Blackwatch, and Daisy Ombre. I think I'm going to make market bags for Christmas presents this year.
I started the bag at Stitch N Pitch. Right now I'm getting to be pretty close to being done with the "mesh" part of the bag. It was a pretty quick knit, and the double worsted is a great choice for a market bag. The mesh is very stretchy. This was also my first project knitted in the round. Hooray!

No comments: