Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lots of updates!

Well I've got lots of updates: WIP, Yarn, New Totebag, and finished objects!
Currently I've got a market bag on the needles, it's a really nice relatively easy pattern, and it's working up quickly (okay, so the size 13 needles help). I'm planning on making more for Christmas presents this year in an effort to be more "green."
I celebrated my 25th birthday last week and to celebrate I bought some yarn (Audacity!) from Black Bunny Fibers, and some needles from KnitPicks. I bought some of the Harmony fixed circulars in 7, 8, and 9. I have the Options in nickel, but I don't know if I like them. I might look into getting a Harmony interchangeable set in the next year or so. I also got a size 1 needle in both the Option (nickel) and Harmony (wood) to try my luck at Magic Loop with socks (eventually).
I joined Team Obama in the Knitting Olympics on Ravelry- now I just need to pick my project!
Like the preemie hats in the primaries, the Knitters for Obama on Ravelry have started up the charity knitting for the general election. This time around it's for homeless veterans. We're making hats, scarves, wash cloths and lap blankets. I finished 4 cloths with many more planned.
I am trying to get all my yarn, needles and patterns organized for my upcoming move sometime before the end of August, it's been quite the task!
And now, for the WIP, Yarn, Totebag, and FOs!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Wow you've been busy! :-)

Have fun making socks - if *I* can do it, anyone can! :-)