Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some April/May Lady Sweater updates and a canine friend!

So I had a post written out and then Blogger crapped on me and everything disappeared! Boo!
I have spent the majority of the last week working on my sweater. Andy & I went to Door County for our 3rd anniversary vacation, and I had lots of kitty-free knitting time (sorry, Smores!). Don't get me wrong, I love my kitty, but kitty-free knitting is a lot easier than knitting with a curious kitty. :)
Over the weekend, I finished the yoke, separated the sleeves, and started on the gull lace pattern. Once I finished the yoke, there is an eyelet row to set up. The pattern just stated to place the eyelets evenly, but I wasn't really sure how to go about doing that. I was able to find this handy tutorial on how to place eyelets evenly. I initially set it up for the xtra-small size and couldn't figure out why I didn't have the eyelets correctly, and then I realized I had plugged the wrong numbers. So make sure you have the right size and you'll be fine! :)
ALS Progress as of 5.5.10
As long as my dentist appointment goes okay tomorrow, I should be heading to my church's craft group to do some more work on my sweater!
Finally, in July 2008 I began working on That Old Beagle...but while I was moving and just trying to pack up my apartment etc etc etc, this project got sidelined for, well, almost 2 years... I found it in my craft room and realized that it had been holding my KP fixed Harmony size 7 circs hostage! I decided I needed to either finish or frog, and since it's That Old Beagle, I didn't want to frog (even though I'd only finished 18 rows on the pattern). I finally finished the pattern, and went to do the seed stitch top border, but I realized the pattern was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I'm currently working on re-working the top so that I can get it turned into a small hanging towel since I don't think that it's really suitable for washing dishes, that's for sure!
Snoopy!
Hooray for Joe Cool!
Woodstock is coming soon, whenever I can locate my yellow cotton yarn!
Also coming soon- I've decided that I want to try my hand at dying yarn with Kool-Aid. Stay tuned. :)

No comments: