Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dishcloth Fun!

I am trying to blog twice a month, but so far I have failed for March by only posting once! The horrors! :)
Anyway, I spent a while attempting to design a hanging dishtowel based on the VanDyke Lace Panel cloth by Maile Mauch. It is a beautiful pattern, but I just haven't quite figured out how to work the top decreases in a flattering way. So I will keep working on it.
In the meantime, what have I been knitting? Well, I had made some dishcloths for my Grandma as an Easter '08 present. I decided that I would make her some more as an Easter '10 present. But what color scheme to use this time? Well, in the interest of amusement's sake, in the "Yarn" forum on Ravelry, I had come across a thread about "colorways that make you want to stab your eyes out," which happened to be in regards to the Peaches & Creme colorway, Juanita Rose. So I dug my cone of Juanita Rose out and decided that would be the dishcloth colorway that I would use for this year.
P&C Juanita Rose
I am going to do a total of four cloths, and so far I have picked out the standard Grandmother's Favorite, but am using the pattern with Pointy Corners (Ravelry link) because I think it looks better, the standard Feather & Fan that I have done many, many times, the Eyelet Rib pattern (another favorite from Maile Mauch!), and for my last one I am not sure yet on what I will pick, but I am thinking this might be the time to attempt the infamous BallBand. I am not sure what coordinating color I will use to go along with the BallBand, but I am thinking either shrimp or tea rose (tea rose is looking like a good option since I have a partial ball that needs to be used up, lol!) :)
Anyway, I will post pictures once I am done with all of them!

No comments: