Monday, May 12, 2008

The BIG Project hath begun...

The big wedding present has been started.
I would just like to take this time to state that I really dislike working with Red Heart Super Saver. The colors I have picked are beautiful: Windsor Blue (380), Buff (334), and Painted Desert (303). Really though, my finger is already raw from using RH SS. Arguhhhhh. I have been way too spoiled with my Caron yarns- both Simply Soft and One Pounders. I'm not a yarn snob- NO WAY, I'm too cheap to be a yarn snob- but I am not a huge Super Saver fan anymore.
Oh well.
Anyway, on to the specs of the "big project"....
Cast on 524 (Holy Mother of God, did I really cast on 524 stitches) to a US 10.5 60" circular needle....yes'm.
I'm doing a feather and fan pattern on this one, similar to the Feather & Fan dishcloth pattern that I posted pics of in previous blogs. So the pattern is really easy and mindless, so I can knit it while watching my 3 favorite regular shows: Countdown with Keith Olberman, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report. In addition to that, I'm going to start re-watching the series M*A*S*H. I finished 5 episodes from Season 1 Disc 1 while casting on/knitting the first few rows of The Big Wedding Present.
This could be a long month or so....:)
I'll post pics of the minute progress soon!

No comments: