Monday, December 31, 2007

Supporting the troops through yarn!

I know, when did I get even remotely patriotic?? Well, I'll tell you....
My brother-in-law is joining the Navy. He leaves for boot camp on January 7th. To show my support, I've abandoned all other WIPs to cast on for the Navy Eagle Dishcloth. I'm giving it to my mother-in-law when he leaves.
Yarn used: Peaches & Cream in colorway 25- light blue.
Needles used: Pattern calls for US 5 but I'm using my Mei-Mei Pro Bamboo Straights in a US6 (4.00 mm).
I'm aiming to have this project done by next week Saturday. It should be a quick knit but we shall see.

On an unrelated note, if you don't have any Mei-Mei Pro needles, might I recommend them?? You can find them on Ebay. If you like the Clover Bamboo needles as I do, you'll LOVE these. They are smoother than Clover and more inexpensive because you buy them in lots on ebay. Since one of the ladies in my MySpace knitting groups introduced me to them, I've bought a set (US 0-15) of the 14" straight needles, the 16" circular, the 24" circular and the 60" circular needles. It's cost me around $100 (US), but it is totally worth it!!

No comments: