Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Um, oops.

So back in January, I blogged about my 2010 Knitting Resolutions (it's been a while since I've dragged out that link!!). So far, I have officially crossed off #11 (Take pictures of the Wedding Roses filet crochet afghan). #2 (Knit at least 10 things from my queue)is coming along nicely (I have 4 things crossed off already: the Sutro Heights Hat, Simple Burp Cloth, Waffle Knit Dishcloth, and Fantasy Naturale Market Bag. I am 65% of the way done with a 5th item: my February Lady Sweater. Once the sweater is done, I will be halfway done with my 10 item queue challenge AND I will be able to cross off #6 (Knit a Sweater). I might even be able to cross off #3 (Learn Magic Loop) when the sweater is done because I might do the sweater sleeves with Magic Loop. #7 (Work on a crochet project) is happening too, I just haven't worked on my crochet project for a while...
However, #1 has been a complete failure so far. I broke my yarn diet. Oops. But I think I broke it for a good cause- some special edition KnitPicks yarns!
Here's the KnitPicks Felici (fingering weight) in Rainbow.
KP Felici Sport Rainbow #1
Can yarn get cuter? I really don't think yarn can get cuter. Nothing is more fun than some rainbow stripes.
Along with that there were a few other purchases:
Some KnitPicks Imagination in Seven Dwarves...
KP Imagination Seven Dwarves w/flash
I have wanted this for a while now, and I think I am going to cave to the pressure of the Clapotis (as soon as I finish some other projects) with this yarn.
...and more KnitPicks Imagination in Ruby Slippers.
KP Imagination Ruby Slippers #2
As a die-hard Wizard of Oz fan, I think I might actually have to turn in my fan card if I didn't order this yarn. It is SO pretty. As an extra tidbit of trivia (who says this blog isn't educational??)- the ruby slippers were NOT in the original book. In the book, the Witch of the East had a pair of silver shoes, but since the movie was filmed in Technicolor, TPTB in the movie biz changed the silver shoes into ruby slippers so that they would show up better in the movie. See? You learn something every day!
KP WotA Grass #2
This yarn is going to be an Xmas present for my mom (ha! this fulfills resolution #10). I know I will do 198 Yards of Heaven (rav link) and I'm going to do a hat to match but I have not decided the pattern for the hat yet (and it's June, so I have some time). :)
And finally, I saw some yarn in a stash on Ravelry that I knew I HAD to have. It was the now-discontinued KnitPicks Memories (rav link) line, and it was shades of brown, white and a little gray....the name of the colorway was SMORES!!
KP Memories Smores #1
Also named Smores? My diva of a tortoiseshell cat. :)
Smores (and friend)
Seriously HAD to get a yarn to match my cat (though you can't see the white on my cat in this picture, it's on her chest and tummy)!! Luckily, I found a nice person on Rav who was destashing it.
I came up with a really creative way to photograph my yarn from now on too so that you all don't have to see my ugly carpet (I just love generic apartment carpet!). Some people put their yarn into a bowl, and others use a posterboard. Me, well I do neither. My method includes a box, some books and a roll of wrapping paper. I unroll the wrapping paper with the white side facing up, place some books on the edges to keep them from curling, and then put a box on its side where I then attempt to balance the roll on top of the box. Works like a charm, but isn't very kitty friendly since kitty likes to sit on wrapping paper. Distract kitty with a piece of yarn, THEN it works like a charm. Also, I've taken to using natural light. That, combined with my Red Green-style background and my photos are A-#1.
Uh, so back to the resolutions. #1- Broken. Oops. #2- Working on it! Almost 1/2 done with 10-item-queue-challenge! #3- Might be accomplished soon for FLS sleeves. #4- Not yet... #5- So far I've failed. I started a lace scarf and frogged it, and haven't re-started it. But the year's not over yet... #6- All that's left on my sweater is the sleeves! #7- Crochet project has begun, but is not off to a great start yet... #8- So far I have totally succeeded! #9- I've looked all over the city for RHSS in Magenta. It apparently does not exist and I refuse to order online and pay for shipping. It might happen this year...but is not looking likely. #10- I've planned for Xmas gifts, but have not started knitting any yet. #11- Yay! I succeeded!
So, uh, on to knitting. Over the weekend, I knitted a Mitered Hanging Hand Towel out of Peaches & Creme Blue Swirls for the main color and Light Blue for the top. I joined a hanging towel swap through the Peaches & Creme group on Rav, but I don't think this towel will be going to my swap buddy. I also knitted a Light Blue Grandmother's Favorite and am more than halfway done with a Grandmother's Favorite in Blue Swirls to complete the "set." I'm not sure exactly what this "set" is for yet, but I just have to finish up the rest of the Blue Swirls cloth, sew the button on the towel and weave in the ends on everything and I'll photograph it. :) I also am going to knit my mom some more dishcloths since I noticed yesterday when I was at their house that the daisy ombre (yellow and white) cloth was more of a dingy white and no yellow at all, definitely needs replacing!
So hopefully I'll have a post with some finished object pictures soon, rather than just pictures of yarn and my cat, and me rambling on and on about what I hope to accomplish by Dec 31, 2010. :)

1 comment:

Shanny said...

Love that rainbow Felici!