Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Still sort-of slumping...

Since my last post, I actually finished one of the aforementioned projects! Hooray for me! I finished the hat for my hat swap buddy (the night before I mailed it out, hooray for me!).
Note: I am not modeling the hat, but I think it turned out pretty cute! Not bad for a first attempt at a hat!


I got the pattern out of the first Stitch N Bitch, but I made a fair amount of modifications. Instead of using the recommended Brown Sheep yarn, I substituted Tahki Cotton Classic in green and white, and I double-stranded the yarn. I also used size 11 needles instead of the recommended size because I couldn't get a proper gauge with the recommended needles (10.5, I think), and I cast on 76 stitches. I'm also fairly certain I didn't use the correct number of rows, I just measured as I went along using my basic math skills (math? shudders!). But, it turned out pretty nicely, and I already have another request to make the hat! :)

In the true exchange form, I also came up with some other goodies to send along. I picked out two skeins of KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dye Yarn in the Ireland colorway, two skeins of KnitPick's Felici sock yarn in Arugula, and what kind of a person would I be if I didn't send along some of the areas finest chocolate? Unfortunately, a major time crunch didn't allow me to get to Seroogy's, but I did have time to go to Wilmar's for a chocolate bunny and some other chocolate-y goodness!

No comments: